Friday, November 27, 2009

Envy

I've been a Facebook addict almost from the moment I created my account. It's the most fantastic source of stress relief. It can kill boredom easily and make the minutes of a tedious work day fly by. Plus, I've been able to talk to some of my friends from the UK, whom I haven't seen in 10 years, and some of my friends from grade school, whom I haven't seen for a longer time, because of Facebook. I truly love it.

I've been staring at the page of one of my oldest friends though and I am hit by this pang of envy. She was my best friend until 5th grade and then we lost touch. Back then, she was considered the wild one. I really don't know much about her life after 5th grade but I always thought she would end up more messed up than me. I know, sounds mean, but back then I was the serious, more stable one. Now, however, she is doing really well. She lives in the States, she's married to a hot and really sweet man, she has a daughter and is now expecting a son. She looks fantastic (as in sexy and really pretty, even pregnant), he husband adores her, and she works full time but is happy with what she's doing. I am so pleasantly surprised, really happy for her, and downright, unabashedly envious.

I think this is one of those "self-pity" moments my friend was telling me I would experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment