Friday, September 10, 2010

The Heart of the Matter

A year ago, this month, I moved out of my old home, and my old life.

A year ago, this month, I had no house, no job, no savings. But I had my kids.

A year ago, this month, I had a broken marriage, a broken heart, and a dream.

A year later I review the past months...

...My marriage is still broken
...My heart is still broken

BUT

...My kids are healthy and happy and relatively well-adjusted
...I have a home
...I have a good job
..still working on the savings, but I have an extensive plan
...I still have hope and my dream.

I want to reclaim my life, remember the old me, create the new me. I want to heal my heart and stop exposing it to the same hammer that's been breaking it to pieces for a decade. I don't ever want to center my life and love around a man. When I find myself, I promise not lose her again. Most of all, I want to accept things the way they are, be at peace with them, and move on so that I can find my own happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment