Saturday, October 9, 2010

Curiouser and Curiouser and More Lessons


When the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" came out, I admit, I wasn't interested. Brad Pitt for me had lost a lot of his attractiveness purely due to life decisions. Yes, in this case I am being 100% judgmental. I don't really care. I just found the whole Angelina thing in bad taste, bad character, poor impulse control. If his marriage really wasn't working then he should have had the decency to end it FIRST before gallivanting with another woman. Ok, I digress.

Anyway, I ended up watching the movie on HBO. Purely by accident. And I really liked it. I found I could relate to a lot of the writing. Since it spanned the lifetime of two main characters I don't know if that means I am old but I could relate. Brad Pitt was good in the movie and Cate Blanchett was luminous. Ok, Brad Pitt was hot. Again, I digress.

Below are two of many snippets of writing that touched me, spoke to me, told me that in some way the Universe was trying to make me understand things about myself, my choices, my life, what it was, what it is, what it can still be.

“It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed, is you.”

“You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went, you can curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.”

Benjamin Button: I was thinking how nothing last, and what a shame that is.
Daisy: Some things last.

So, again, to living life moving forward; to loving my gifts- my kids; to loving myself and finding some peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment